.......a lamp unto my feet, a light unto my path

Knowing that I can't escape His presence, does not mean I have comfort or understanding in His ways.

It just makes me feel slightly safer, in a world where I live uncomfortably, with my: "I just don't knows!"







....but can only be made here if you are registered with blogspot.

You are welcome to also leave comments on facebook, by clicking on my facebook-badge below or emailing me.

Friday, October 1, 2010

PART 4 - My Involvement to Healthy Alternatives

13 September 2010
HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES
Section 2
My involvement at the Safe Home:

What I am hoping to do, is be a pair of extra hands. As you might all imagine, bath, dress, and feeding time can lead to rush-hour in a normal home set-up, multiply that with 10. At the moment Audrey has ten of them in her home. The numbers change frequently, as it all depends on who goes to foster homes or goes back to family members/parents. She is basically eligible to foster 6 kids and safe-home 6. At the moment she has 4 in her foster-care and 6 in safe-care. In my free time, which is usually on a Monday or a Friday, I try and arrive at the time when I know the babies are to be fed and bathed. I just love this contribution, much more than giving money. I think it is a wonderful privilege to contribute financially and I know there are people that have a wonderful gifting for giving. For me it is the giving of my time, love and touch. One of my natural-born talents - healing hands. The impartation soothes my soul and gives me SO much satisfaction, that it makes breathing and living worth the while again. Huh!!...and even I eventually, like many others have also suggested, thought, changing a poo-nappy would confirm suspicions that I might have been romanticising the whole idea of having a baby....NOT!!

I am also keen to contribute to their monthly grocery needs. In their monthly newsletter, she usually lists the items that they frequently need. My aim is to buy at least one item when I do my own shopping, even if its just a packet of fish-fingers or a butternut. Financially, I wish I was able to contribute in a substantial manner, but I am aiming to commit to a small, regular amount per month. If I was able to inspire 10 or 20 other people to do the same, a mere R50 per month in the form of a debit-order, would make a huge difference to my R50 contribution, multiplied by 10 or 20.

I have a wonderful gift for hospitality and I enjoy entertaining. I have a desire to raise funds for such projects, Home of Safety. The thoughts that are going around in my head, is to put together a proposal where I approach companies to partner in an event that I organise, to raise funds for this Safe Home. Audrey is very keen on this, and I know of at least two or three of my friends, with great administrative and organisational skills, that would like to get involved in such an event. I am planning to go for some coaching sessions, to help me put this together for next year.

Taking up the challenge to foster, would be such a privilege!!! Getting involved in volunteer-work of this caliber was my way of finally putting a lid on it and waiting till the knocking stops. You see, raising a child of my own, alone, was just not an option. Sperm-banks or adultery would be such a selfish thing to do. (I kid you not! There where really suggestions like this from 'desperate-to-help' people, who where the unfortunate ones that had to bear my tears of sorry.) But, if I was to raise one that was already abandoned by another, it would be a better opportunity for a child with no existing options. Not a bad idea, if a substitute at all.

Jeez!!!…It’s tiresome to be such a melancholic-choleric!!!!….the analysing and doing and the analysing over the doing, and the doing of the analysing….that’s probably why I still ain’t pregnant!…duh!
Fostering is defnitely an option. Considering that the process to fostering is not simple or uncomplicated, time would be of gracefull essence to make up my mind. As if there are any decisions to make, about this subject?…. It’s basically the answer that has come to me, BUT, there are still some “Diva-ish” things to accomplish, while I am still young enough, but supposedly not suitable enough to be wanted by any allege-able seuters, I figured…..loosing my virginity was a choice I waited to make until I was 24, loosing my choice to give birth to my own, in a loving and wholesome relationship…., was a heart-wrenching devastation, what the hell could I loose now, by giving my alter-ego a chance to wear her best evening gown, highest red heel-shoes, velvet coat and a song to sing?

SELAH~

No comments: